Can hydrocodone come up as oxycodone on a 6 step

Patient : Can hydrocodone come up as oxycodone on a 6 step urine drug test bought from a store , cause my son was given a drug test and he's taken hydrocodone and the test after taking came up positive for oxycodone
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. Yes, hydrocodone and oxycodone belong to same class of drugs and can be shown positive in test done for any of them. In fact, oxycodone is about 50% more potent than hydrocodone. In the liver, hydrocodone is transformed into several metabolites and the same metabolites are derived by Oxycodone also. So, one can test positive for oxycodone, if he is on Hydrocodone. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy