Can I bathe in hot springs while pregnant? I have an underlying medical condition.

Patient

Q: I am planning to become pregnant however I have a severe imflammatory disease (HS) that requires regular (5 days per week) bathing in hot springs to help manage the condition. This is the ONLY method that works for me. Bathing in hot springs is not recommended in my part of the world however if I don't bathe in the hot springs my condition becomes so severe that I am disabled and will have to undergo surgery. Is there a safe temperature I can bathe in without harming my unborn baby?

Doctor