Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I be allergic to Ventolin but not Proair?

Can I be allergic to Ventolin but not Proair?

Patient: Can I be allergic to Ventolin but not proair?

Doctor: Both Ventolin and Proair have Albeterol Sulphate, a commonly used bronchodilator in children and adults. Allergic react ions to this compound per se, is very rare. However, commonly observed side effects of Albuterol include, trembling or shaking of the hands or feet, palpitations or irregular bounding pulse and occasional cough. Hives, skin rashes, hoarseness of voice, breathing difficulty, chest tightness, etc. are very rarely reported. There is a possibility that one brand of medicine suits you better than the other. In such a case, select the one which is better suited.