Can I be pregnant?

Q: My husband and I are trying to have our second child. I have taken a pregnancy test and it came out neg. But my period is late by almost a week and i am feeling some pressure in my lower abs. I also have a less apitite. Can I be pregnant?

A:   I know how worry you are about possible pregnancy. The best day to take a home pregnancy test is a week after your menses due date. I would suggest you to take another pregnancy test and if the results change, confirm it with a blood pregnancy test done by your PCP.
Symptoms like pressure in your lower abs sometimes might be noticed as early as 2 to 3 weeks post conception, however they could also be a sign that your menses is coming. I wish you the best.