Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can i be pregnant again after Depo taken for first time?

Can i be pregnant again after Depo taken for first time?

Patient: Can i be pregnant again after Depo taken for first time? I used Depo 1 year ago. My menstrual period was normal 4 moths ago. Can i be pregnant again?

Symptoms: Menstruation

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Depo shot can prevent pregnancy only during the period of usa ge.If you have taken depo shot during the time of your periods, it can give protection for complete month and the possibility of pregnancy is less.If you have taken the depo in the middle of the month, protection for total month is doubtful, in that case there is possibility of pregnancy.If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care.