Can I be pregnant and who is the father

Patient

Q: Pe this forum is active. I need help I had my last lnp june 19th till june 23. I had unprotected sex w guy a on june 27 and he ejaculated inside me then I had sex w guy b on july 2 twice n he pulled out. I'm feeling a lil different. I'm suppose to get my menstrual on july 17th. My ovulation date according to the calculator says july 3. I know its early but if I am pregnant who can be the father? Please help

Doctor

A:   It is very difficult to tell by a clinical history who the father of the child would be if at all you have conceived. Even ultrasound scans determining gestational age are highly inaccurate.
If you do miss your periods, I would suggest that you first confirm that you are pregnant by doing a home pregnancy test. If it so happens that you are pregnant and you want the baby then you shall have to most probably initiate paternity testing to know who the father of the child is. Although cumbersome, this is the only guilt-free accurate way out. As it is the question of the future of a faultless unborn child, you should not refrain from finding out the father of the child.
It is possible to determine who the biological father of the fetus is while the woman is still pregnant through procedures called chorionic villus sampling or amniocentesis. These are howver invasive procedures and bear a small but significant risk of a miscarriage. There are some noninvasive tests available as well. These tests detect a small amount of fetal DNA present in the mother's blood during pregnancy. This allows for accurate fetal DNA paternity testing during pregnancy from a blood draw which has no risk of miscarriage.
It is unfortunate that you did not use contraceptives and have landed yourself in this confusion. In the future, make sure you exercise more caution and avoid yourself from getting into such unpleasant situations.