Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I be pregnant by having sex on my first day of period

Can I be pregnant by having sex on my first day of period

Patient: I had sex on my first day of period. My partner didnot ejaculate inside me & we didnot use any condom. Is there any chance of me getting pregnant? Merci

Symptoms: No symptom

Doctor: Thank you for your query.When you are still bleeding i.e having period then chances of a conception during that phase from unprotected sexual intercourse are almost very meek. . However if you do not get your menstrual cycle even after 7 to 10 days past the expected menstrual cycle date it is advisable to opt for a home pregnancy test.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.