Can I be pregnant on long term Birth control

Patient : I am on depo, have been on it for over a year, almost two years. I typically bleed for about the last 2 weeks before my next shot, then once I get it, the bleeding stops.I had sex while I was bleeding, then the bleeding stopped, even though I have not had  my new shot. Can I be pregnant?
Symptoms:  Fluttery feeling in same part of lower gut daily
Doctor :   Thank you for your query. If you were bleeding when you had unprotected sexual intercourse the chances of a pregnancy from that instance are almost meek. Even though you have not taken the new shot bleeding would have subsided in correspondence to your ovarian cycle. The depo shot should preferably be taken once in 3monthe for it to be effective as a mode of contraception in avoiding an unwanted pregnancy. Each shot provides acts as an effective contraceptive mode for about 12 weeks. However many women take ~ 3 to 9 months time to achieve a pregnancy once they come of the shot. Therefore this is used generally for providing long-term contraception. Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.