Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I clean out the yellow Puss out of abcess

Can I clean out the yellow Puss out of abcess

Patient: Can I clean out the yellow. Puss out of abcess. It’s not healing it needs cleaned

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.Yes, you can certainly try to clean the yellow pus out of abs cess. Use copious amounts of Hydrogen Peroxide and liquid povidone-iodine at least twice daily and apply a sterile bandage.Consulting a Doctor or a Dresser can help you have early and proper healing and an added prescription for an antibiotic and supportive medicines to help control the infection at the earliest and properly.I hope this answers your query.