Can I get a consult on an MRI regarding my


Q: Can I get a consult on an MRI regarding my C-Spine and find out all possible treatment plans?

Can I get a consult on an M...-1

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Your MRI report shows degenerative changes at all levels of cervical spine except C 5-C6 where there is old fusion (operative). Degenerative changes are most prominent at C4-C5. But there no significant spinal or foraminal stenosis (compression effect) at any level. Treatment of this at present is rest to cervical spine and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. For rest to cervical spine cervical collar may be used.

Glucosamine is of help as it slow down degenerative changes and to some extent repair it. Mecobalamine is helpful in relief of radiating pain. After pain relief ( when pain is less) neck excercises and physiotherapy is beneficial. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: I have an issue when I rub and massage my elbow I get a tingling sensation in my pinky and ring finger

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...

Q: Hi, i live in guyana , about two year ago i found out i have hrdorcephalus and at that time i was 20 years old, howev...

Q: Hi. This is more of a psychologist question that I would like help with. I have this friend that I'm really obsesse...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon