Can i get a tattoo having tinea versicolor?

Patient : Hi. I am looking to get my very first tattoo. However I am a bit afraid because i have some spots, tinea versicolor, reaching the area of where I want to get the tattoo (arm). I am using a cream, sertaconazole nitrate, but the spots are still present and to me it looks they are spreading even more. My question is if it is safe to get a tattoo and if the tattoo will be damaged by this? thank you very much
Doctor :   Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection of trunks and arms. Tattoo over the area infected, might aggravate the symptoms. You must be treated completely first for tinea versicolor and the get tattoo done. Consult a dermatologist for the same, to be treated and cured completely for tinea versicolor. Get tattoo done by a professional to avoid the risks of tattoo instrument infection, especially HIV.