Can I get pregnant during the first day of my cycle

Patient : Can I get pregnant during the first day of my cycle even though we used a condom
Doctor :   Thank you for choosing ATD. It is highly unlikely that one gets pregnant while one is having menses or on the first d ay of the periods. In addition, you have used a condom and that further reduces the chances to almost nil. Intercourse during menstruation may make you prone to contract sexually transmitted infections. It's a good thing you used condoms as they are a safe method to reduce the risk of pelvic infections. Hope this helps.