Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I get pregnant from this

Can I get pregnant from this

Patient: Is it possible to become pregnant if your boyfriend had sperm on his hands and fingered you? He had a towel with him, and thinks he wiped it off so it was dry on his fingers, it was about 5 mins after he wiped his hands that he fingered me. If so should I get a test ASAP

Symptoms: Sore stomach but not period yet

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If he had spermatozoa on his hand and if you were around the period of your ovulation at that time, there is some possibility of pregnancy.The possibility of pregnancy cannot be confirmed this much early usually.You have to wait for your expected date of periods.And if you miss your expected date of periods after intercourse, better to go for urine pregnancy test.Hope this helps.Take care