Can i get pregnant while my tubes are tied

Q: Can I get pregnant while my tubes are tied

Symptoms:  Boobs tender and in a lot of pain

Thanks or contacting askthe

The failure rate of permanent sterilisation technique for fallopian tubal ligation in women is around 0.3 per cent. The chances of failure is attributed to faulty fallope ring application or wrong techniques used or even slippage of fallope rings from the tubes.

If the fallope rings are intact , or tubectomy has been done with pomeroys or modified pomeroys technique , the failure rate is minimal. So , best way would be to undergo a urine pregnancy test 7 days after a missed period to rule out pregnancy confirmatively.

However the symptoms you are experiencing may well be that of premenstrual syndrome which mimic pregnancy early symptoms in a major way , but they subside once the menses resume.

I suggest you wait for your menses to resume and decide accordingly to contemplate any possibility of pregnancy or sterilisation failure.

I hope i have answered all your queries.
wishing you good health.