Can I get pregnant without regular periods?

Patient

Q: For the last 2 years my periods have been rare. Me and my husband would like to start a family can I get pregnant with out a period

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. An irregular menstrual period could be a symptom of an underlying problem with your reproductive system. In order to address whether you are able to conceive or not, you need to be examined by a fertility specialist who will perform the appropriate tests in order to diagnose your cause of your problem. A regular monthly menstrual period is a symptom of normal reproductive system, however if it is irregular, such as yours, it may still be possible to conceive. Please see your doctor for further help.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Guest: You really didn't help