Can I get rid of UTI without going to the doctor ?

Patient : I think I have UTI ? I been having symptoms like burning when I pee having to pee more often even if it's not a lot and lower back cramping and shaky
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Urinary tract infections need to be treated with prescription antibiotics. You will have to be seen by a doctor and have a urine test performed to determine the type of bacteria causing your infection. Failure to do so, can lead to a severe infection of your bladder and kidneys which can lead to permanent damage if not treated promptly. Please seek medical attention immediately. Thank you for consulting

Related Q&A

Q: I have a fever on thurday i took advil to prevent and then on friday night I have problem of frequent urination

Q: Looking for only a urologist Dr KUMAR to answer this So as a recap in mid December, she developed an ecoli uti. It...

Q: I think I have a UTI. I am on Accutance 10 mg/per day. Is there a safe antibiotic to take?

Q: 85 year old female. Has ostomy bag (bladder removed 20 years ago). Patient has had chronic UTIs in the last 6 month...

Q: Hi i have been diagnosed with e coli in my urine.I have had problems passing urine and also have a bloated feeling in...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon