Can I get shingles without a rash

Patient

Q: Can you have shingles without a rash?

Doctor

A:   Shingles is a viral infection that usually causes a painful rash. Although shingles can occur anywhere on your body, it most often appears as a band of blisters that wraps from the middle of your back around one side of your chest to your breastbone.
Pain is usually the first symptom of shingles. For some, it can be intense. Depending upon the location of the pain, it can sometimes be mistaken for a symptom of problems affecting the heart, lungs or kidneys.  Now about your question, some people can experience shingles pain without ever developing the rash. I hope I could clear your doubt.