Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can i give my 4 year old benadryl allergy plus

Can i give my 4 year old benadryl allergy plus

Patient: Can i give my 4 year old benadryl allergy plus congestion? He will be 5 in november and the label says not to give it to him unless directed by doctor.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.No, please do not give him the syrup. This is because I think that it is the adult dose one. And it is not recommended in children as it can affect growth or health.You can do symptomatic treatment like doing steam inhalation to help clear the nasal passages. Also, please give him lots of water to drink to help him recover. Hope this helps you. All the best.