Can I go to goa from Kolkata by train for

Patient

Q: Can I go to goa from Kolkata by train for 10 days trip during my 1st month of pregnancy. M pregnant abt 1month.the trip is from 26 th Feb to 8th march.plz hlp

Doctor

You can go by train in early pregnancy provided you do not have any co-morbidity like high blood pressure, diabetes, IVF conception or a previous pregnancy, cervical stitch, prior history of preterm, threatened abortion , any vaginal bleeding , severe morning sickness, placental abnormalities , etc.
It is better to avoid long distance travels more than 48 hours by train as the back may start hurting triggering uterine contractions causing miscarriage. Avoid jerky movements, sleeping position with a backrest is advisable, be careful when you use the toilet and while you cross bogeys.
Consult your doctor once before you travel for specific instructions and any medications.

Hope this helped.
Regards.