Can I go to goa from Kolkata by train for

Patient: Can I go to goa from Kolkata by train for 10 days trip during my 1st month of pregnancy. M pregnant abt 1month.the trip is from 26 th Feb to 8th march.plz hlp

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You can go by train in early pregnancy provided you do not have any co-morbidity like high blood pressure, diabetes, IVF conception or a previous pregnancy, cervical stitch, prior history of preterm, threatened abortion , any vaginal bleeding , severe morning sickness, placental abnormalities , etc.It is better to avoid long distance travels more than 48 hours by train as the back may start hurting triggering uterine contractions causing miscarriage. Avoid jerky movements, sleeping position with a backrest is advisable, be careful when you use the toilet and while you cross bogeys.Consult your doctor once before you travel for specific instructions and any medications.Hope this helped.Regards.