Can i go to the gym?

Patient

Q: Had a fractured tibia, and a ruptured patella tendon , surgery was in november 15th
I can start walking now and can bend my knee now , can i go to the gym but just work on upper body and not my legs?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question.
Your injury was indeed quite serious. It can take up to 6 months to fully recover and return back to normal activity. We do not recommend strenuous activity at this point. We recommend that you refrain from lower body exercise such as running until you are evaluated by your surgeon and given clearance to return to normal activity.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com