Can i have an std?

Patient : I am 20 years old. Have had one and only sex partner since I was 18. Both have been checked for std's. I am on syronx birth control. Ever since the beginning, my vagina burns after a certain point of intercourse and it hurts to pee. Also, after deep pentetration, my lower abdomen on the right side feels like it is being stabbed. Please help.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at I understand your concern. Your symptoms are not sugges tive of any UTI, it is suggestive of vaginismus, which some women experience. They develop pain during intercourse, and also have lower abdominal pain following intercourse. Kindly confirm the diagnosis with a gynecologist who can also do a trans-vaginal ultrasound for the same. Hope this was helpful, Regards

Related Q&A

Q: Are you able to look at a photo of my friends lower body - and tell me if you see any worrying skin areas - such as e...

Q: I fave a few small blood blister type bumps on the edge of the head of my penis. Can't figure out what it is called. ...

Q: Hi. I am a 56 yr old female. I went to the doctor because I was having a little discharge, no noticeable odor, (to me...

Q: I have a red patch beneath the penile head under the foreskin, and there is a red spot at the lower end of the penile...

Q: Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I had an sti test at the start of the...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon