Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can i have anal sex after the surgical procedure know

Can i have anal sex after the surgical procedure know

Patient: Can i have anal sex after the surgical procedure know as transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)?

Symptoms: Frequent urination

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I would not recommend you to have anal sex till you have had 3 months to recover from th e surgery. This is the minimum time taken for the healing of the area. Since the prostate is right in front of the Anus, there is a big chance that you will injure it. Do confirm with the surgeon at 3 months if you can have sex.Also, I recommend that you use a lot of lubrication to prevent injury and also a condom. All the best.Hope this helps you.

Patient: Thanks so much for the help, I will confirm with my surgeon in 3 months time.