Can i have anal sex after the surgical procedure know

Patient

Q: Can i have anal sex after the surgical procedure know as transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)?

Symptoms:  Frequent urination
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I would not recommend you to have anal sex till you have had 3 months to recover from the surgery. This is the minimum time taken for the healing of the area. Since the prostate is right in front of the Anus, there is a big chance that you will injure it. Do confirm with the surgeon at 3 months if you can have sex.

Also, I recommend that you use a lot of lubrication to prevent injury and also a condom. All the best.

Hope this helps you.

Patient: Thanks so much for the help, I will confirm with my surgeon in 3 months time.