Can I have penis surgery after 3 weeks?

Q: I suffered a penile fracture on Nov 14th during intercourse. Is it too late for surgery?

Symptoms:  Bruising, lump, cant get an erection

A:   A penis fracture can occur when there is trauma to the erect penis. During an erection, the penis is engorged with blood. If the penis is bent suddenly or forcefully while it's engorged, the trauma may rupture the lining of one of the two cylinders in the penis (corpus cavernosum) responsible for erections — resulting in a penis fracture. Prompt surgical exploration and corporal repair is the most efficacious therapy. Although a majority of cases can be diagnosed from the history and physical examination alone, radiographic studies, including retrograde urethrography and corporal cavernosography can aid in the diagnosis of unusual cases.
Immediate surgery reduces long-term complications; please visit your doctor who will determine the need or timing of surgery after an examination.