Can I have relationships during placebo pills?

Patient

Q: I had my period durig active pills, now that I am in the placebo pills , it seems too short to have my period again. What should I do? Can I have relationships during this time?

Doctor

thanks for the query
You have to start your pill on day of menses and the placebo pill will come for the last 7 days, you will have to take them and not miss any pill to continue the pill cycle, start a new pack irrespective of the menses having arrived or not.There is no need to worry about having intercourse during the placebo pill week as it corresponds to safe period of the cycle, far away from ovulation provided you have taken the pills correctly from day 1 of the cycle. If doubtful then back up contraception like condom is needed
Hope this helped