Can I pop this lump myself?

Patient

Q: What in the world is this thing? I've had it for a few years and I'd just like to get rid of it. I'm positive it's a cyst but I don't know if I can drain it myself, or if it would just fill up again. It's located towards the end of my forearm, painless, smooth, and has never caused a problem, other than being annoying. I have a similar one on my other arm. Can I drain it myself? By the way, I have no idea if this image has uploaded successfully.

Doctor

A:   From the image it looks like a lipoma or a fatty lump. Lipoma is a harmless swelling that occurs beneath the skin and is formed of fat or adipose tissue. You need to visit your doctor for its removal and do not attempt to remove it by yourself. Surgery, liposuction and steroid injections are the options available for its removal.