Can i possibly be pregnant?

Patient

Q: I AM 46 AND I HAD MY TUBES BURNT CLIPPED AND TIED OVER 20 YEARS AGO. FOR THE PAST MONTH MY APPETITE HAS INCREASED, I EAT A LOT MORE, I TIRED ALL THE TIME, I HAVE A VERY KEEN SINCE OF SMELL LATELY, AND MY CYCLE IS USUALLY HEAVY BUT THIS PAST MONTH I ONLY SPOTTED A COUPLE OF DAYS. COULD I POSSIBLY BE PREGNANT?

Symptoms:  NAUSEA, SPOTTING, EATING AND SLEEPING A LOT, KEEN SMELL
Doctor

Thanks fro the query.

As your tubes have been tied already 20 years back and as it is a permanent sterilisation technique, there are no chances of being pregnant. The symptoms that you are experiencing may be a part of premenstrual syndrome and can present as fatigue, tiredness, nausea, headache, sore breasts which generally precede onset of menses. the spotting this time during the cycle may probably be because of perimenopause setting in your age group or there could be a hormonal imbalance during the cycle due to stressors which may have caused scanty menses. This shall require evaluation with a hormonal profile to ascertain the current status of reproductive hormones responsible for the menstrual cycle and its regularity.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,