Can I send a picture of My Thumb to you?

Q: Can I send a picture of My Thumb to you? It is causing PAIN and growing larger and becoming BIGGER ALSO MORE PAINFUL

Symptoms:  Severe pain
Can I send a picture of My ...-1

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific and a clear picture.
Read and understood that you have a problem. You have large and painful thumb, which is enlarging and getting more painful. Also noted the history of your age group and medication of Hydrocodone.

May I please know a few details for me to help you better?
- Since when have you got this problem (days/ weeks/ months)?
- Was there any trauma/injury on this thumb?
- Any antibiotics or anti-fungal medicines have you taken?
- Do you have diabetes or any other medical problems?

I would advise you the following in such a situation:
- Get the blood sugar checked.
- Consult a Doctor to get a proper prescription of an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory medicine like Ibuprofen (if it suits you).
- As per the picture, and if the history is bit old/ long you will also have to take oral anti-fungal tablets for a long time (nails of the thumb takes about 6 months for complete growth.)
- Apply local anti-fungal lotion.

I hope this helps you get a proper diagnosis and get you the proper treatment, please feel free to give the feedback I have asked for, ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.