Can I send a picture of My Thumb to you?

Patient : Can I send a picture of My Thumb to you? It is causing PAIN and growing larger and becoming BIGGER ALSO MORE PAINFUL
Symptoms:  Severe pain
Can I send a picture of My ...-1
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific and a clear picture. Read and understood that you have a problem . You have large and painful thumb, which is enlarging and getting more painful. Also noted the history of your age group and medication of Hydrocodone. May I please know a few details for me to help you better? - Since when have you got this problem (days/ weeks/ months)? - Was there any trauma/injury on this thumb? - Any antibiotics or anti-fungal medicines have you taken? - Do you have diabetes or any other medical problems? I would advise you the following in such a situation: - Get the blood sugar checked. - Consult a Doctor to get a proper prescription of an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory medicine like Ibuprofen (if it suits you). - As per the picture, and if the history is bit old/ long you will also have to take oral anti-fungal tablets for a long time (nails of the thumb takes about 6 months for complete growth.) - Apply local anti-fungal lotion. I hope this helps you get a proper diagnosis and get you the proper treatment, please feel free to give the feedback I have asked for, ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.