Can I send a picture of My Thumb to you?

Patient: Can I send a picture of My Thumb to you? It is causing PAIN and growing larger and becoming BIGGER ALSO MORE PAINFUL

Symptoms: Severe pain

Can I send a picture of My ...-1

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific and a clear picture.Read and understood that you have a problem . You have large and painful thumb, which is enlarging and getting more painful. Also noted the history of your age group and medication of Hydrocodone.May I please know a few details for me to help you better?- Since when have you got this problem (days/ weeks/ months)?- Was there any trauma/injury on this thumb?- Any antibiotics or anti-fungal medicines have you taken?- Do you have diabetes or any other medical problems?I would advise you the following in such a situation:- Get the blood sugar checked.- Consult a Doctor to get a proper prescription of an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory medicine like Ibuprofen (if it suits you).- As per the picture, and if the history is bit old/ long you will also have to take oral anti-fungal tablets for a long time (nails of the thumb takes about 6 months for complete growth.)- Apply local anti-fungal lotion.I hope this helps you get a proper diagnosis and get you the proper treatment, please feel free to give the feedback I have asked for, ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.