Can i still be pregnant??

Patient

Q: Hello, i had sex with my boyfriend which was unprotected but he didn't cum inside me and i took a after morning pill 42 hours after. I took a pregnancy test 10 days later which came up negative. Could i still be pregnant, i'm worrying! Thanks India.

Doctor

A:   It is highly unlikely that you may be pregnant. In case you miss your next period, you may take another pregnancy test to confirm. However there could be a possibility of slight delay or abnormality in your periods due to the effects of morning after pills and stress. You also have an option to visit your doctor and take a blood pregnancy test that would diagnose pregnancy early enough and with more accuracy.