Can I still get pregnant?

Patient : I recently had a surgery and found out my left fimbria is not working. Can i still get pregnant?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A woman generally has 2 fallopian tubes and hence fimbriae are there on both the sides, in case you do not have a left one, the right one can definitely work alone and help in conception.It again may depend on the fertility of both the partners, When all the factors of infertility are ruled out in you and your partner, then it may be possible to conceive in your case. Even if both the tubes do not function, you can still have chances of conception by an IVF. Consider an investigation for ruling out all the factors for infertility and talk to your gynecologist about the options for you. Wishing you a quick conception Regards.