Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I take 30mg of Codeine after taking 50mg of Tramadol

Can I take 30mg of Codeine after taking 50mg of Tramadol

Patient: Can I take 30mg of Codeine after taking 50mg of Tramadol?

Symptoms: Back and neck pain

Doctor: Thank you for your question. We strongly recommend against taking these medications together. Using these medications to gether can increase your risk of seizures, difficulty breathing. If it is an absolute requirement that you take both of these medications together, then the dosage may be adjusted accordingly to reduce the risk of these side effects and you should be monitored carefully by your doctor. Please follow up with your prescribing physician in order to determine if you can take both of these medications together. Do no take them together, unless you have been prescribed to do so by your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com