Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can i take Cialis two 5 mg vs half 20 mg tablet?

Can i take Cialis two 5 mg vs half 20 mg tablet?

Patient: My script is for 20mg Cialis for ED. My doctor instructed me to cut in half. Results are good. Can I simply take two 5mg Cialis with the same results. The price is quite a bit cheaper.Thank you

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.As long as you stick to the prescription dose, the number of tablets o r capsules should not matter. But cutting the tablet is not recommended as this may damage the coating and hence drug release. Please confirm with your doctor, if you are in the need of cutting the tablet.Taking multiple tablets to the desired dose is permissible.