Can i take cipralex with Viagra ?

Patient

Q: Hey there, i am taking 10mg of escitalopram cipralex and have a terrible sex drive. Can i take Viagra while i am on cipralex? thanks

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
Escitalopram is used to treat depression and anxiety. It works by helping to restore the balance of a certain natural substance (serotonin) in the brain. Escitalopram belongs to a class of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI).
The most common side effect of tdrug is decreased libido and often sexual dysfunction on prolonged use. But at your age group, one should realize that Viagra may not be an option instead with normal testosterone levels you should ideally opt for other behavioural exercises and sessions to allow a better performance during sex. You may use viagra with escitalopram without any side effect as its main role is to increases the circulation in the penile shaft thereby causing erection.
I hope i have answered your query,