Can I take Cold Eeze if I have a Stent?

Patient

Q: Can I take Cold-Eeze (zinc) if i take Metoprolol, Atorvastatin, and Bayer 81mg aspirin for a Stent?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.
You are on medications for the Blood pressure and you do have a heart condition. It would be inappropriate to suggest if you can take the medication without your detailed medical history.
I recommend a visit to your physician who would be able to guide you better regarding the medications. Cold Eeze is contraindicated in High or low BP, abnormal Q-T Intervals, Inflammation of the arteries of the brain, hemorrhage, Heart pounding / throbbing, blood clotting disorders etc.
It is therefore important that your exact medical history be known before prescribing you with any medications. DO not go for the intake of any over the counter medications without contacting your physician.
Hope this information was useful.