Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I take four different supplements and a multivitamin?

Can I take four different supplements and a multivitamin?

Patient: Can I take four different supplements, Omega-3 EPA & DHA (2,126 mg), Acetyl Carnitine HCI (500 mg), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (120 mg), CoQ10 (100 mg), and a Synergy Multivitamin from Vitacost?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Based on the information available on each of these supplements, there are no contraindicat ions for taking them together. However, we would like to say to you that a diet that is well balanced with whole foods, and daily exercise can provide you will all the nutrients you need to live a very healthy life. If you have not been advised by a physician to take any of these, then you may be better served by obtaining all your vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids from natural food sources like fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com