Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I take my period after 5 weeks of pill?

Can I take my period after 5 weeks of pill?

Patient: I have continued to take the contraceptive pill through my seven-day week off it as I had plans for that week and didn’t want it to affect it. However I have now realised my next expected break will interfere with those plans too and I don’t want to take three packets in a row without bleeding as I don’t want it to affect my health etc. I wondered whether it was possible to take two weeks out of the three on the second packet and then stop taking them for a bleeding break? (So in total will have been 5 weeks of consuming the pill)

Doctor: Thank you for your query.It is ok if it is occasionally done, you can take for the 5 weeks as well & then give bre ak to have a period. If you got accustomed to the bcp there has been no problem or side-effects you can take for 5 weeksHope that answers your query. Have a good day.