Can I take Quercetin for allergic asthma?

Q: I hope you can answer this question. I have severe allergies, to all kinds of grass, trees dustmites, mold pollen. I also have allergic asthma. I have heard that the supplement quercetin, will help. I sure hope sole. Is is safe with singular laratan bp medication and other prescription medication.

Symptoms:  itchy eyes wheezing around all outdoor pollens

A:   Quercetin is a natural compound, known to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. However, its role in allergies is not particularly defined. There are no reports suggesting any drug interaction with other medicines including Losartan (used for blood pressure). But, since it is sourced from various plants and food products like red wine, onions, green tea, apples, berries, Ginkgo biloba, and others, you should be sure that it is not sourced from the plants to which you have known sensitivity to.