x
187 Physicians Online

Question:

Can I Take Tylenol before Colonoscopy?

I am having a colonoscopy procedure in a couple of days and would like to know if it's safe to take tylenol for a headache at the same time receiving sedation for the procedure. The last time I had a colonoscopy after the prep I developed a really bad migrane headache and feltg really ill. I don't want to have the same thing happen this time. Thank you for your help.

Answer:

If you do not have any liver problems, it is safe for you to take tylenol before the procedure. Sometimes the sedation during the colonoscopy procedure may cause you to get a headache. Remember to keep yourself well hydrated. Take care.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA