Can I Take Tylenol before Colonoscopy?

Patient

Q: I am having a colonoscopy procedure in a couple of days and would like to know if it's safe to take tylenol for a headache at the same time receiving sedation for the procedure. The last time I had a colonoscopy after the prep I developed a really bad migrane headache and feltg really ill. I don't want to have the same thing happen this time. Thank you for your help.

Doctor

A:   If you do not have any liver problems, it is safe for you to take tylenol before the procedure. Sometimes the sedation during the colonoscopy procedure may cause you to get a headache. Remember to keep yourself well hydrated. Take care.