Can I take vigra before having Sex with my wife?

Patient : Can I take vigra before having Sex with my wife? If yes which type/product
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Viagra is sildenafil, which is definitely not to be used as an over the counter medicat ion for better sex. It has its own specific indications and a lot of contraindications and side effects. It must only be used on doctor's advice after an examination and only if a need for it arises. The contraindications where it is strictly not to be used are hypertension, diabetes, heart problems, uncontrolled pain in the arms, previous history of any cardiac emergencies, etc. It can cause dangerous side effects as well if used without doctor's advice. Avoid in old age with co-morbidities. However, if the doctor approves of it, it has to be used half an hour orally before sex by the male partner, to get a sustained erection, especially when there is impotence or erectile dysfunction of considerable amount. Hope this helped. Regards