Can I Take Vitamin B12 and D together.

Patient

Q: I'm 46 years old and wanting to know can i take vitamin D and vitamin B12 together will that have a effect on my health. Concern Person

Doctor

A:   It is completely safe to take vitamin D and B12 together. The typical adult dose of vitamin B12 is 2.4 mcg daily, and that of vitamin D is between 1,000-2,000IU daily. You may need to take 5,000IU per day if you get little or no sunlight.

Doctor: Thank you for the follow up

It is safe to take vitamin B12 and vitamin D together. These are commonly found together in many food substances and in some drugs as well. Most multivitamin pills will have these together.

Summing up, Vitamin D and B 12 are safe together.

Here are sources of Vitamin B 12:
Meat
Fish
Poultry
Dairy products
Eggs

Sources of Vitamin D are:
Fish oil
Mushrooms
Fatty fish
Cheese
Egg yolk

Hope this helps you. All the best.