Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can I terminate a 5 week pregnancy, contraceptive pill did

Can I terminate a 5 week pregnancy, contraceptive pill did

Patient: Can I terminate a 5 week pregnancy, contraceptive pill did not work. Advice needed ad there is no family support for the second baby and husband is working in another area. I stay all alone.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concerns.Yes, you can take the abor tion pill to terminate the pregnancy. But it should always be taken under the Gynaecologist supervision.Abortion pills can cause infection, severe bleeding and incomplete abortion.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more information.Good luck.Regards