Can I up my Clomid if the current dose isn't working?

Patient

Q: Husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. I had an episode of PID in April 2011, severe ended up in the ER. It was not caused by a STD and DR said it was unlikely to cause infertility issues due to it not being caused by a STD. Diagnosed with PCOS is August 2011 and put on 50mg of Clomid. Two cycles and no results. I am very frustrated with my Dr and I cannot get into see her for another month...another cycle of 50mg Clomid which I don't feel is working. I did not ovulate either time according to OPKs. Is is safe to up the clomid to 100mg?

Doctor

A:   It takes upto 7-9 cycles of using the drug to for ovulation to take place in 80% of cases. I would advise you to be patient and only change the dosage of the drug in consultation with your doctor. Hope that answers your question, take care.