Can I use a lidocaine patch for back pain if

Patient

Q: Can I use a lidocaine patch for back pain if I have stomach ulcers???

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
Yes, you can use lidocaine patches if you have stomach ulcers. The patches are not going to aggravate your condition. In case, you want to take the patches, for stomach pain due to ulcers, then they are not going to help you.
For pain due to stomach ulcers, you can take Tablet Drotaverine, that is safe n case of stomach ulcers and provides relief from pain too. You would also require a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day. For acute acidity, OTC Syrups like Digene helps.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy