Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can i use MX5 or not for hairfall?

Can i use MX5 or not for hairfall?

Patient: Hello doctor,i am 25yrs old.i have hair fall,dandruff, and white hair for the past two years.one doctor recommended MX5 and another doctor said not to use it as it lowers your BP.please tell me if i can go ahead with MX5 or not.

Symptoms: Hair fall.No thyroid problem

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.MX5 contains Minoxidil. It helps lesser in stopping hair fall. It helps mostly in reg rowth of hair.First of all it is required to find out the cause of your hair fall.I would advise you to get your dandruff treated.Also, get following investigations done:1. Hemogram2. Thyroid Profile.If they come out to be normal, you can consider taking a good hair supplement like Follihair.Dandruff should be controlled properly.I won’t recommend in your case to use MX5.You can also go for Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.