Can I use this cream for balanitis?

Patient : Hello, for the past few months I have been suffering from a red itchy rash on the glans of the penis (as well as some small dimples). After some research I found out that it is likely to be a case of Balanitis. I bought some Canesten cream to try and help it, but later realised that it said inside that, that particular product was only meant to be used on Women. After checking it out I found out that most Canesten cream can be used on both men and women. The cream I'm talking about is a 10g tube of Clotrimazole, 200mg 2 percent ww. My main question, is this cream ok to be applied on me?
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon