Can Implanon give a false negative on a HPT?

Patient

Q: Can Implanon give you a false negative on a home pregnancy test?

Symptoms:  Breast feel fuller, gained weight, areolas darker..Implanon is expired.
Doctor

It is to be understood that the home pregnancy test is beta hcg based which is a hormone released by the embryo and hence if there is no pregnancy , then in absence of any hcg production the test would be negative and vice versa.
Implanon is a progesterone contraceptive and its role is to prevent ovulation and make endometrium unfavourable for implantation. An expired implanon can increase chances of pregnancy by losing its contraceptive nature but cannot effect the home pregnancy result at all.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards