Can internal allergic reactions be location specific and only happen while sleeping?

Q: Okay, first off, I've already gotten all the standard answers for things like this. I have been to a ton of doctors and everything they prescribed only made things 10 times worse. That was 3 years ago and I finally got on a strict organic diet with no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, sugar substitutes, caffeine, fruit, pork, etc, etc, etc... It ended up working until now. Now I am having hives and swelling again. Last time it was in my face and throat and tongue which was scary. This time its much better as it only seems to be along my spine and lower legs. So my question is this- is it normal for an allergic reaction to be spot specific? I just think its weird that it stays pretty much in the same exact place. I'm not using any different soaps or wearing different things or anything like that. It seems to be coming from something inside my own body. The other weird thing is that so far it only happens during the night. I wake up almost every morning with 1 or 2 hives or swollen/itching/burning spots on my spine. Is there some sort of function that your body goes through as it sleeps that could cause the release of histamine- like some sort of toxin release or hormone change or glucose levels? I know I'm probably reaching here but I'm just trying to figure this mystery out. I thought it might be bugs or something but I don't have any bites in the area and I've cleaned my bedroom and bed up and down and make sure not to wear clothing that exposes my skin in those areas. Also I am taking 24hr zyrtec but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Have also tried Claritan with same result. I cant take benedryl except in emergencies due to drowsy affect. Sorry for the long question and thanks in advance for your answer.

Symptoms:  hives, swelling, itching

A:   I assume that you have already been through the allergy testing procedure, to identify the food items that you could be sensitive to. If the episodes of hives and swellings (angioedema) are occurring despite avoiding these food items in your diet and even after taking regular antihistaminic medication, you should consult your Allergy specialist to rule out the possibility of a Chronic Idiopathic (Autoimmune) Urticaria. Moreover, I'm not sure if your sensitivity profile has been evaluated most elaborately, to include insects, pollens, molds, dusts and dust mites as well. If not, you may ask for it. In addition, you are advised to carry details of all the medicines that you are taking for other medical conditions, whenever you visit your Allergist. You may benefit from Immunomodulatory therapy, once your autoimmune profile is evaluated and assessed for the same.