Can low ferritin cause a faster heart rate?

Patient : Can low ferritin cause a faster heart rate? My ferritin is 7 and my hemoglobin is 11.7 thank you.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Low ferritin does not have a ny direct effect on heart rate, however, severely anemic patients can have increased heart rate to maintain the cardiac output, in the absence of enough hemoglobin. Increased HR could be due to stress or could also be a result of easy fatiguability, common in anemic patients. If you have persistently increased HR, you should get it examined by your Physician. Hope this was helpful, Regards