Can lower back disc bulges trigger these symptoms?

Patient: I experienced sharp pain in my lower back while shoveling snow last month. The pain subsided after a couple days, but then about two weeks later I noticed a moderate loss of sensation between the waist and thighs, a difficult time starting urine, constipation and occasional tingling in both feet.I saw a doctor who ordered an MRI. The MRI showed a disc bulge at the L4-L5 level and an “eccentric” disc bulge with “minimal narrowing of the right neuroforamen” at the L5-S1 level.The “impression” on this MRI stated there was no significant nerve impingement. Someone told me about something called, “Cauda Equina.” Could this be what I have despite the MRI findings? Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Symptoms: moderate loss of sensation between the waist and thighs (including sexual sensation), a difficult time starting urine, constipation and occasional tingling in both feet.

Doctor: Hello, what you are suffering is most likely to be a nervous problem .which as you said can be cauda equina, but even if it is cauda equina it can be ruled out only by a proper MRI and by a Neuro surgeon consultation . So consult a Neuro surgeon and avoid heavy liftings,bad postures . Take healthy , protein diet and do back strengthening exercises with help of a physiotherapist . Any B complex vitamin tablet for 15 days will help in repairing nerve injury . Take care .