Can masturbation exacerbate symptoms of epididymitis?

Q: I'm a 37 year old male who is experiencing the symptoms of chronic epididymitis. I have a doctor's appointment next week but I am trying to learn as much as I can about my situation.

I began noticing what appeared to be semen mixed in with my urine as far back as 8 years ago. At the time I was referred to a urologist but he found no problems - I don't even remember what possibilities he considered.

A little over 2 years ago I had a vasectomy, after which the occurrence of semen in my urine became more frequent and again my urologist (a different urologist) told me this was normal and he was unconcerned.

For a few months now though I have had one testicle become gradually more sensitive and now I have a fairly constant dull pain. I am married and monogamous, but I do engage in unprotected anal penetration at times, so I can't rule out a bacterial infection from that.

I have also engaged in almost daily masturbation since I was 15 probably - not sure if that is relevant.

My question is whether this likely points to a post-vasectomy complication or a bacterial infection - or either or both?

Also, if I am experiencing chronic epididymitis should I refrain from sex and/or masturbation until it is treated? Currently neither seems to cause my level of pain to increase at all.

Thanks for whatever feedback you have for me.

Symptoms:  Testicular pain, semen in urine