Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can MDI be caused from injury or at least worsened?

Can MDI be caused from injury or at least worsened?

Patient: I fell at work and hurt my shoulder. It pops in and out of place and grinds cracks and pops etc. Its always hurting and can be extremely painful. A specialist said I have multi directional instability. And nothing to do with accident just the way I’m made. My question is it possible that the accident caused it or at least worsened the condition Being I didn’t feel this extreme pain until after?

Symptoms: Popping grinding extreme pain slipping in and out of shoulder

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern.It is poss ible that the accident caused it or at least worsened the condition as you did feel this extreme pain only after the accident. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care